thevelvetrose on Wattpad :)

Friday, April 26, 2013

Organizing and Editing: The Pains.

As I begin my editing process, with my pool-sized cup of coffee next to me at all times, I have become aware of how horrific editing truly is. Anyone else have that blood-chilling moment at the thought of facing certain parts of your novel you just don't know how to tackle? I spent an entire hour working on this beauty to keep me sane: 

See that cup of coffee? I could swim laps in it. It took about two cups, half a bag of sour gummy worms, apple paleo muffins (I had to make up for the sugar I had consumed), and two episodes of Smallville before I finally perfected the cover (yes, only the cover). I don't know why I was so driven to make just a simple cover for a binder, but I did it. 
See all of those tabs? I organized them by: Characters, Book 1, Book 2, Book 3, and plants/animals/species. I was so caught up in the moment that I even drew a map, drew biographies, and drew a gorgeous timeline. I have to say, I'm rather proud. 
Here is the real kicker. I spent nearly two days working on this binder, nearly forgetting a major essay I had to write. I never even started editing chapter one of HNS. I didn't even open the file, I spent my time with sticky notes and pencils, not even reading the first sentence! 
So here I am, one in the morning, eyes blurred from exhaustion and a bone dry coffee mug next to me. I promised myself this morning that I would finish a chapter tonight. Well, I lied. However, I've decided that after a good night's rest I'll be ready to begin my long journey of editing (after Saturday morning cartoons, because I refuse to miss those). 
I'll post after I finish editing the first of many chapters. My next post will either be filled with exciting words or a dozen cuss words and frowny faces. 

So join me next time when I post about this insane goal I have set for myself. This post might not of made a whole lot of sense because my coffee ran out about an hour ago and my teacher gave me candy today and after 3 pieces I realized it was bought before Halloween. Yikes.
As Tigger once said, "TTYL!" 
-Currie 



No comments:

Post a Comment